Mods not being activated (after windows update) + workaround

If you have detected any bug you can write it here
HDV

Mods not being activated (after windows update) + workaround

Post by HDV »

Hola! A few days ago, my Windows 10 got an update, and since that moment I was unable to activate mods without doing some weird thing. So here is what I normally do:
I run the launcher, go to the Mods/addons menu, double click (or one click to select and another to activate the check list icon) the mod I want to try and, after launching, this mod is not running. Repeating those steps and, instead of launching, going to the "selected files" menu, the selected mod (with the checked box) is not on the list.
Workaround:
How do I make it work? After checking the box for the mod, and not seeing it in the list, I go back to the "mods/addons" menu and one of the next options make it work:
• uncheck the box and check it again.
• click on any other mod (just one click, not checking the box).
• click on any other addon (not checking it's box).
Now the mod is listed in the "selected files" menu and it works perfectly on launch.
If I enable the "show navigation tabs" option, the tab says "Mods (0) Addons (0)" when I enable the mod. If I try to enable various mods, sometimes the last activated mod is not being counted in "Mods (x)" until I click in another mod (just one click, no need to enable another).

Here is a short video of what happens while enabling mods:

https://gfycat.com/blaringacademicclam

You can see how sometimes the mod is not added to the total in the tab. Clicking on another mod in the list make it appear.

As I said, everything was working fine until that Windows 10 update a few days ago so, again, windows is the one to blame. Not sure if the problem is with this update or with my Windows instalation in particular. I don't expect a fix because it's not the launcher's fault. I just wanted to report in case somebody else is having the same problem :mrgreen:

Edit: I just noticed that mods and addons on favorites doesn't show in the mods/addons's totals tab. It only counts those outside favorites. It still have the same problem as the others and works with the same workaround.
Sorry for my english.

hakros
Site Admin

Re: Mods not being activated (after windows update) + workaround

Post by hakros »

It is true it seems that there is some error with the list selection.
I will check it.
Thanks for notice me..