HDV

Re: [Solved] Suddenly not opening + workaround

Post by HDV »

hakros wrote:
23 Jan 2021 02:51
HDV wrote:
22 Jan 2021 23:29
[...]
I have already been reviewing this issue and it is because it is associated with the engine you are using, it acquires part of the engine consumption as well control the status of the engine.
Is there any way to prevent this? I can close the launcher from task manager and GZDoom still works, using the same amount of CPU with and without the launcher running.
Also, I tried Realm 667's Doom Launcher (don't worry, I think Hakros' launcher is better :mrgreen:), it's always 0% CPU usage with or without the game running. Maybe because it won't check if the game is running or not instead of constantly?
I can still close the launcher and solve the problem. Maybe a setting for "close launcher after running game" in the next update would be a good idea? Most launchers (for any other games, BuildGDX for example) do this anyways.

Anyways, I noticed that while dragging the launcher from the tittle bar (or just holding the left click), the CPU usage goes down to zero. Just a little observation, have nothing to do with this.
Sorry for my english.

hakros
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Suddenly not opening + workaround

Post by hakros »

I will continue looking for a solution, but for now I have put an option like you have suggested to close the application after launch a configuration.

HDV wrote:
23 Jan 2021 17:09
......I tried Realm 667's Doom Launcher (don't worry, I think Hakros' launcher is better :mrgreen:)......
Thanks, i'm glad you like it... :D !!