Not check if game is running? (save CPU usage)

If you have any suggestion or a request for next version just write it here
HDV

Not check if game is running? (save CPU usage)

Post by HDV »

Hi again. First of all, sorry if I complain a lot, I just want to help :mrgreen:
As I said in another bug report (but the problem was about other stuff, already fixed), the launcher uses 10-11% CPU while a game is running, with the message "Engine is running, you must wait to end excecution..".

Today I noticed something. One of the maps was not running because some gzdoom errors:

The CPU usage is at 10.5%. But what happens if I press "Restart" in the little GZDoom window? This! :D

As the GZDoom has restarted, the launcher thinks its already closed, but it's still running (ignore the error, btw). Now the launcher is barely using 0.3% of CPU, because it's not on the "wait to end execution" state. If this state is disabled, can this prevent that extra CPU usage?
In case it sucks having it disabled, ¿can we get a .ini setting to disable it, so its not disabled by default and people without this problem don't have any unnecesary changes?

Thanks.

PD: the new "close after launching" setting is one solution, but sometimes I prefer having the launcher always running, like when checking some maps.
PD2: I like the new logo, but still love the first one, its hard to say witch one is better :P
Sorry for my english.

hakros
Site Admin

Re: Not check if game is running? (save CPU usage)

Post by hakros »

Don't worry i like have feedback for improve the app, thanks :-D !!

Ok, i think i've a solution.

I'll try to implement it at next version.

PS: I also liked old logo, but i like much more the new one :mrgreen: !

Thanks again.